Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Alcatraz

Yeah, that’s right. While Casey and I were in San Francisco, we thought we’d drop in to see how things are turning out at the old gaol, Alcatraz. From the instant I set foot on the island I couldn’t help but thinking about two things. The movie Escape From Alcatraz and the stage from Tony Hawks Skateboarding that was based on the big rock. I couldn’t help bragging that I’ve flipped that set of stairs, grinded that rail and aired over that bowl.

But in all seriousness, the historic island really is amazing. To be there at night, to feel the cold air chill our bones to the core, to hear the city from across the bay almost gave a taste of how it would have been to have considered yourself an inmate there once apon a time. The still, creepy quietness of the old building ran shivers up my spine.

Heres the 107656th bunch of photos of the place.

yew









No comments: