Saturday, April 4, 2009

East Coast, Australia. 2009

About two months ago, my girlfriend and I booked a ticket around the world. If I said it that it was a completely planned idea then I’d be lying. the truth is that only one week after talking with our travel agent, we had completely booked and paid for our trip. Now you can only imagine the waves of emotions that we have been going through these last couple of months. Moments of over powering joy and excitement but also gut twisting nervousness and at times, anxiety.

Together we’ll be seeing as much as the earth as we can. starting at San Francisco, Washiton and New York City to have a taste of some local art and music. Then we’ll be heading over to UK to spend some time with my Family and travel through out Western Europe, where we’ll eat and drink our selves silly while staying with local families and working on their farms – as backpackers tend to do. After living and working in London, we plan to head to northern India for a month or so to really feel life at its purest and hopefully gain some sort of an insight to this world we know so little about.

I’ve been spending a lot of my time day dreaming about all the places and people that we’ll meet, the foods we’ll taste, the different genres of music and fashions that we’ll be introduced to, when it suddenly occurred to me that I’m going to miss my home so much! The little things that make a place really stand out like a twenty foot peace sign in the middle of the bush. Going to the local chip shop and grabbing a chocolate milk after a surf. I’ll miss the summer rain and the steam from the pavement in mid February. I’ll miss the pubs, beaches, the country side, the heat, the festivals but most of all, I’ll miss the my friends and family and people who I have grown up with because really, that’s what makes a community what it is.

With all of this in mind, over the summer and through out these last two months, I have set out to document everything about my home so that hopefully you can see what our area has to offer. If you live on the Far North Coast of Australia then I’m guessing that all these images might seem “normal” to you but just try to picture these through a tourist’s eyes. If I’ve captured a glimpse of our beautiful community then I hope I can do exactly this all around the world.

Remember, click to enlarge.

See ya later,
Marty.



The Old Garage, Woodburn


The cool room, Ocean Shores Country Club


Streets Ice cream, a part of every kids up bringing. Brunswick Heads


Milk, Billinudgel General store


Locals only, the Pass, Byron Bay


Old sign - to good to paint over, Yamba


Ales, Brunswick Heads pub


Single fins in the car park, New brighton Beach


Sticker, Nimbin


Saturday lunch, Brunswick Heads


Bug Love at first sight, a car window


Not one foot print - Treachery Beach, Seal Rocks


High Way One, somewhere


PEACE! Seal Rocks


Mother nature, Byron Bay


The point, Lennox Head


The Brunswick heads Bypass


Cliff Hanger, Yamba


Wategoes Beach, Byron Bay


Farm house, Knockrow


Pride, Lennox Head


Arvo skater, Byron Bay


Surf check, Boulders beach, Lennox Head


Casey, Lennox Head


Grommet, Suffolk Park, Byron Bay


Proud Local, Dave, Brunswick Heads


Skydivers, Tyragra, Byron Bay


kookaburra, South Golden Beach


Bodyboarder, Brunswick Heads


Lunch time, Byron Bay


The Rock pools, Curumbin



Night skaters, Mullumbimby


Schoolies, The Gold Coast


Tie Dye, The Channon


Mud fight, Port Mac


The Gallery Kiss, Brisbane


Rockin' Ollie Mac, The Channon


Kye, Brunswick river.


Sugar cane, Yamba


Bruce, Billinudgel


Millhouse, Byron Bay


Summer Rain, Billinudgel


Smoko, Billinudgel


Surfer, New Brighton beach, Ocean Shores


Punters, Brunswick heads pub


Waterfall, Alstonville


Roadside bushfire, Highway one, Gold Coast


Roadside snake, Ocean Shores


Surfer, Boulders Beach, Lennox


Skater, Byron Bay


Punters, Brunswick heads pub


Brunswick heads

1 comment:

Jabba said...

frig yeah marty bum! absolutely loving these photos...keep them flowing from your overseas adventures! xoxo travel safe amigo